Earth Day Job FairCSM’s 4th Annual Earth Day Job Fair was a rollicking success. The college hosted the event on April 18th made up of 20+ exhibitors, including green jobs and internships, sustainable food and tech, environmental justice and student clubs. The event was widely attended by students and CSM faculty and classified staff, and featured a huge, collaborative ‘bee’ mural that will be displayed prominently on the campus when finished.

Overall, 165 students completed and turned in pledge cards.

Earth Day Job FairExit surveys revealed great results: 119 unique responses from participants, and names and email addresses for 109 students that want to be contacted by Strong Workforce about jobs and internships.

Preliminary survey results show:

  • 22.7% of participants said they think they got an interview from the event
  • 70.6% of participants said the event was effective and they learned a lot
  • 95% said they want the event next year, and the other 5% said they were unsure (no one said “no”)
  • 53.8% said they signed up with an exhibitor to get more info about jobs